Is your pool mysteriously losing water? We use the most advanced pool leak detection equipment available to pinpoint those hard to find leaks in concrete, Gunite, fiberglass, composite and vinyl liner pools. Whether its a structural crack in a Gunite pool, a small leak in an underground pipe, a leaking skimmer or a pin sized hole in a vinyl liner, we can find it.
How does it work? By using minimally invasive techniques with extremely sensitive listening equipment, pipe cameras along with several other pieces of specialized equipment and pressure testing only when necessary. For example, to find a leak in a vinyl liner we distribute a small electric charge throughout the pool. As the charge finds its ground through the hole or tear, our equipment can pinpoint its location.
How do I know if my pool is leaking or if its just evaporation?
In the middle of summer, pools can loose anywhere from 1 to 2 inches of water per week due to evaporation. If you suspect a leak but aren’t quite sure, then try “The Bucket Test”.
1. Bring the pool water to its normal operating level
2. Fill a bucket all the way to the top
3. Place the bucket on the first or second step in the pool to ensure the water temperatures are consistent between the pool and bucket.
4. Mark the water level of the pool on the outside of the bucket
5. Operate the pool as usual for 24 to 48 hours
6. After 24 to 48 hours, compare how much the water level in the bucket dropped with how much the pool water level dropped.
If the pool water level dropped more than the bucket’s then it is likely you have a leak.
If you have a pool leak in Atlanta, Gainesville, Buford, Cumming, Suwanee, Oakwood, Flowery Branch, Lawrenceville, Duluth, Sugar Hill, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Roswell, Milton or any of the surrounding areas, contact us today!